Australia’s first recognised private provider of First Aid training
Improve the Training Experience & Provide Confidence: One of our primary objectives from day one has been to make the training experience more relevant, easier to understand, more enjoyable and to empower people with the skills to respond confidently in times of most need.
World Leading Innovation: To achieve this Australian First Aid has introduced wide-ranging Australian and World-1st First Aid innovations and systems. The list is long but they include:
• Australian First – To specialise in custom designed courses designed to meet a customer’s specific requirements
• World-First – Customised Online First Aid Theory Training & Assessment systems
• World-First – ‘Smart’ first aid learner guides using QR technology – (They also become an extensive video demonstration library)
• World-First – ‘Smart’ Workplace First Aid Kits (Fast video instruction / Smart Phone compatible – stream lifesaving videos direct to your smart phone / Colour coded App that automatically adjusts to suit local conditions anywhere in the world, Global hospital locator plus more.
• World First – developed the H.A.IN.E.S recovery position for the ‘unconscious, suspected spinal injured patient’ in 1988; (Clinically researched and taught to millions in Nth America and hundreds of thousands of Australians since 2005).
• Australian First – A lobby member in achieving uniform National First Aid competencies for industry.
In a world of so many self-professed ‘leaders’; it’s only achievements that count!
Australian First Aid was formed in 1988 by John Haines, a MICA Flight Paramedic, thereby becoming the country’s first recognised private provider of First Aid training.
John recognised that first aid training desperately needed to become more relevant and innovative, for having witnessed far too many poor prehospital outcomes and witnessed unrealistic first aid training methods he felt it was time industry should access training that made a difference.
One of the first objectives was to offer custom designed training that met the specific needs of each organisation, rather than always providing standard training that often doesn’t provide sufficient relevance. This included helping OHS Managers to drive cultural change to accident awareness and prevention.
Hands-on training delivery is vitally important in building confidence and a key part in achieving that is to also realise that often rigid training methodologies aren’t always helpful, especially in areas such as fracture management where lateral thinking is sometimes required. Our trainees learn from actual in-field experience which is always best.
Family Owned & Operated across two generations ensures the great team culture we’ve nurtured, which our customers appreciate, remains.
Aileen & John Haines
One-Stop: First Aid / Evacuation / Rescue training & Equipment Needs
APL Healthcare & Emergency Dynamics : To provide our customers with great convenience, they can also access our diverse range of Fire Safety and OHS training services, plus access a huge range of first aid, resuscitation and rescue equipment and emergency publications
APL Healthcare offers Australia’s largest range of First Aid Publications, First Aid Training Supplies, Defibrillators, Healthcare Simulation, plus much more.
Emergency Dynamics assists SME’s with legislation obligations, and uses state of the art environmentally safe Fire Training Equipment for our training programs.
We solve your first aid & emergency training problems in a cost-effective & professional manner.